Wednesday, April 22, 2009

CHICKEN BAKE


I found this recipe in a magazine and it didn't have any increments. This kind of scared me because I am really good at following a recipe! But I just went for it and it turned out so great. I put it together during my lunch hour, put it in the oven and timed it to begin cooking 30 minutes before I got home. The smell greeting me when I walked in the door was amazing! It was like walking into my mom's house after church on Sunday. And the way it tasted was even better than the way it smelled. Try it! I think the key is balancing your amount of liquids with how much rice you put in.

Butter
Sliced white mushrooms
Flour
Marsala wine
Heavy cream
Chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Long-grain rice
Rotisserie chicken
Grated Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a large skillet, add mushrooms and cook until softened. Stir in flour, Marsala and cream and cook until thickened. Stir in 2 cups of water, some parsley, salt and pepper. Sprinkle uncooked rice (2 cups) in a baking dish, top with chopped chicken and the mushroom gravy. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, about 35 minutes. Then sprinkle Parmesan and bake 5 more minutes.

This is what it looked like before putting the cheese on.

No comments:

Post a Comment